Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 14.5.1 WiFi extremely slow on all devices

Hello .. the IOS 14.5.1 patch has rendered WiFi almost un-usable on all my devices (iPad, iPhone, and watch). It is extremely slow and any kind of streaming video (e.g. Xfinity TV app) does not work at all. Is there any fix for this?

Posted on May 7, 2021 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 7:01 PM

Hi Michael,

Thank you for responding to my query. I resolved the issue - found there was problem with the WiFi component of my cable modem which had been working well for a long time and it was just an unfortunate coincidence that the modem problem occurred at basically the same time, or soon after, I had updated all my devices with the 14.5.1 patch.

thanks again,

Tim

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2021 7:01 PM in response to MichelPM

Hi Michael,

Thank you for responding to my query. I resolved the issue - found there was problem with the WiFi component of my cable modem which had been working well for a long time and it was just an unfortunate coincidence that the modem problem occurred at basically the same time, or soon after, I had updated all my devices with the 14.5.1 patch.

thanks again,

Tim

May 7, 2021 6:52 PM in response to tbrauer01

What year and models of all your Apple devices do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on aluminium back of your iPad/iPhone in small print right under the larger bold print “iPad”.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

Please attempt to answer all questions asked.

Thank You.

IOS 14.5.1 WiFi extremely slow on all devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.