Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switch Sim to send SMS in a conversation

I have an SMS conversation which uses business line, can I reply to conversation using personal line without clearing conversation?

Here's a more clear picture:

I have my phone set to default to my personal line when texting. I also have gone into several of my contacts and changed my preference to text/call them from my personal line instead of my business line. However If I have previously started a conversation with them via text from my business line it will default to that line instead of my personal line. Leaving me unable to change my preference of which number I text my friends from. How do I change this?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 7, 2021 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 7:22 AM

If you start the conversation from the old thread then you cannot change it. Start a new conversation from Contacts. As shown in the GIF below

2 replies

Jun 17, 2021 1:13 PM in response to mrmnzz

I have the same question and the posted answer does not work. I have set the number to use my secondary line, and even when I start a message from contacts it always jumps to an existing thread and reverts back to the primary line. The only way to change it so far, is to delete an entire conversation, start from zero and then you get to choose. Please help! This is really annoying. This is IOS 14.6 on iPhone 12 mini.

Switch Sim to send SMS in a conversation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.