Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to I install an older Majove OS on a new volume?

I found an article on how to create new volume - done

I found an article on how to download Majove - done

I cannot find an article on how to install Majove on a new volume, I am only given a choice to install the latest beta on the new volume. I have tried the startup route which only gave me the latest OS option to install on the volume. Any clarification on instructions would be Amazing !!

Why I am doing this?

Well my one of my paid MAC OS Game no longer runs on the 64 bit and the developers said they will not provide an update, I can only play this on a 32 bit OS, which i believe Majove is on? that is why i want to have a volume on my drive i can load and run my old games on.

Thank you,

Sean

iMac 27″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 7, 2021 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 10:13 AM

FYI - there is no Beta Mojave since before it was released to the Public in September 2018. The Only available from Apple Mojave is the current version 10.14.6 with several updates since.

You can download on a Qualifying Apple Computer the available Mojave from How to get old versions of macOS and if desired Create a Bootable Installer. From there - Boot the computer and Hold the OPTION key immediately at startup and choose the Bootable Installer >> Install macOS and make sure to point to the desired Destination

Installing macOS on a separate APFS volume

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2021 10:13 AM in response to S3any79

FYI - there is no Beta Mojave since before it was released to the Public in September 2018. The Only available from Apple Mojave is the current version 10.14.6 with several updates since.

You can download on a Qualifying Apple Computer the available Mojave from How to get old versions of macOS and if desired Create a Bootable Installer. From there - Boot the computer and Hold the OPTION key immediately at startup and choose the Bootable Installer >> Install macOS and make sure to point to the desired Destination

Installing macOS on a separate APFS volume

May 7, 2021 10:06 AM in response to S3any79

I commend you for being able to do research on a matter of importance to you. Unfortunately, it is not possible to install an older operating system on a Mac than the one it came with. There are software apps which allow you to do this with simulation, but I have read that this is not suitable for most games which require higher processing power. I think it may be time to move on to a different game.

May 7, 2021 10:42 AM in response to Ronasara

Thank you for the advice. my iMac came with 10.10 and is currently on 10.15. i am not trying to go further back to pre-version 10.10. I am not looking at simulators which you get with PCs, there is indeed ways to install older OS versions on a new APFS volume. i don't think 32 bit games will require more processing power than 64 bit games, and no i don't want to move to a different game. thanks

how to I install an older Majove OS on a new volume?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.