Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Medical Apps for CarPlay

I have an insulin pump that CGM (continuous glucose monitoring) it connects to an app on my phone. When that pump sets off an alarm I have to take the pump pick it up and look at the screen to see what’s happening (cant touch the phone in Australia while driving) why don’t Apple include medical apps so that we can just view the issue from the phone connected app to address the issue a lot safer then having to look down at a connect insulin pump

Posted on May 7, 2021 10:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 5:30 AM

AussieCoops wrote:

why don’t Apple include medical apps so that we can just view the issue from the phone connected app to address the issue a lot safer then having to look down at a connect insulin pump

I don’t see why looking at the phone is safer than looking at the medical device. If you are driving, you need to be looking at the road and other cars.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2021 5:30 AM in response to AussieCoops

AussieCoops wrote:

why don’t Apple include medical apps so that we can just view the issue from the phone connected app to address the issue a lot safer then having to look down at a connect insulin pump

I don’t see why looking at the phone is safer than looking at the medical device. If you are driving, you need to be looking at the road and other cars.

Medical Apps for CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.