Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iCloud w/ @yahoo.com address — want @icloud.com

I never got @icloud.com email address — used a Yahoo addy when I bought my iPhone. How do I setup @icloud.com email address now?

Note: I don’t just mean an iCloud account. That’s easy... I want an @icloud address, but can’t seem to figure it out.

Thx in advance :)

Posted on May 7, 2021 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 4:33 AM

Create an email address for iCloud Mail

If you set up iCloud using an Apple ID that doesn’t end with @icloud.com, you must create an @icloud.com email address on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac before you can use iCloud Mail.

Note: If you set up iCloud using an Apple ID that ends with @mac.com or @me.com, you don’t need to set up an @icloud.com email address to use iCloud Mail. You already have an equivalent address that ends with @icloud.com.

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, turn on Mail, then follow the onscreen instructions. 

• On your Mac: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then do one of the following:
  • macOS 10.15 or later: Click Apple ID, click iCloud, select Mail, then follow the onscreen instructions.

• macOS 10.14 or earlier: Click iCloud, select Mail, then follow the onscreen instructions.

If you don’t see onscreen instructions after turning on iCloud Mail on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you already have a primary iCloud Mail email address. To create an email alias, see Use email aliases on iCloud.com.

After you set up your @icloud.com email address, you can use it to sign in to iCloud.com and your devices in addition to your Apple ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2021 4:33 AM in response to MsHeatherGrace

Create an email address for iCloud Mail

If you set up iCloud using an Apple ID that doesn’t end with @icloud.com, you must create an @icloud.com email address on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac before you can use iCloud Mail.

Note: If you set up iCloud using an Apple ID that ends with @mac.com or @me.com, you don’t need to set up an @icloud.com email address to use iCloud Mail. You already have an equivalent address that ends with @icloud.com.

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, turn on Mail, then follow the onscreen instructions. 

• On your Mac: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then do one of the following:
  • macOS 10.15 or later: Click Apple ID, click iCloud, select Mail, then follow the onscreen instructions.

• macOS 10.14 or earlier: Click iCloud, select Mail, then follow the onscreen instructions.

If you don’t see onscreen instructions after turning on iCloud Mail on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you already have a primary iCloud Mail email address. To create an email alias, see Use email aliases on iCloud.com.

After you set up your @icloud.com email address, you can use it to sign in to iCloud.com and your devices in addition to your Apple ID.

May 8, 2021 4:30 AM in response to MsHeatherGrace

To create an @icloud.com mail, start by downloading the iOS Mail app to your iPhone.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mail/id1108187098

If it is already installed, go to:

Settings -> Apple ID (Your Name) -> iCloud.

Find Mail in the list and activate it. Now you have the option to create a new @icloud.com mail if you have not previously had an @icloud.com mail associated with your Apple ID.

If you want your new email as your Apple ID, then you can read how here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202667

Using iCloud w/ @yahoo.com address — want @icloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.