Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i remove myself as the organizer in Family sharing

how do i remove myself as the Family Organizer

Posted on May 8, 2021 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 12:28 PM

You need to disband the existing family using the steps in the article below. The new organizer can then set up the new family and invite the family members to join the new family. If there are children under 13 years old, the new organizer needs to leave the existing family, set up the new family, and then the under 13 years old children can be transferred to the new family. Then disband the old family and join the new family.

Family Sharing -  Transfer a child to a different family group - Apple Support     

Family Sharing - Leave.          

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2021 12:28 PM in response to Jerry_123

You need to disband the existing family using the steps in the article below. The new organizer can then set up the new family and invite the family members to join the new family. If there are children under 13 years old, the new organizer needs to leave the existing family, set up the new family, and then the under 13 years old children can be transferred to the new family. Then disband the old family and join the new family.

Family Sharing -  Transfer a child to a different family group - Apple Support     

Family Sharing - Leave.          

how do i remove myself as the organizer in Family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.