Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brother printer MFC2360n scan only under Big Sur?

My MacBook Air (last of the Intel models) will not recognize my Brother pronter. The Brother iPrint and Scan does allow me to scan but not print. I saw many having similar prolems, any resolution?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on May 8, 2021 9:56 AM

14 replies

May 8, 2021 11:19 AM in response to SamuelML

Thanks. Brother does not appear to offer macOS Big Sur drivers for the MFC-7360N.

However, we have seen before that macOS Catalina 10.15 printer drivers for some models work even under macOS Big Sur.

So, that could perhaps be worth testing with the MFC-7360N as well.

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=mfc7360n_all&os=10060

Look upon this as a pure experiment. It may not work at all. Remember, there is always a certain risk involved with any experiment. Software conflicts cannot be ruled out. A hardware problem is unlikely, but it is impossible to guarantee anything. You may have to erase and reinstall everything on the computer. Data may be lost. Do not proceed unless you know what you are doing. In any case, make sure that you have a minimum of three backup copies of important files before you start.

To begin with, resetting the printing system may be a good idea.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

If necessary, if you are using USB now (and there is a problem), try a network (Ethernet) connection instead (via one of the LAN ports of a Wi-Fi router).

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

May 8, 2021 1:18 PM in response to TheLittles

Tryed all of this. downloaded the latest driver for 10.15, reset the printer system, and reinstalled what printers showed up but still no sign of the MFC7360N being visible when I try to add printers. Again, I can use the iPrint and Scan app from Brothers to scan but not print. Power cycled the printer a few times just to make sure, Any chance I can just wait and the drivers will appear on the Brothers site in the future?

Brother printer MFC2360n scan only under Big Sur?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.