Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magsafe animation

I have a new MagSafe Duo Charger, and when I connect my iPhone 12 mini there is no charging animation displayed.

the animation works with my watch, and with other phones.

I erased the phone and the animation worked, but than restored from backup and the animation stoped working.

any ideas any one?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on May 8, 2021 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 11:51 AM

Hi bergerbest,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you no longer see the animation on your iPhone when you connect it to a MagSafe charger, so we'd like to see how we can help. Restart your iPhone to see if the animation starts to appear again. Sometimes this simple step can resolve unexpected behavior.

Since it was working normally before restoring a backup to your iPhone, this may indicate that the issue is software related. Make sure your iPhone is running the latest iOS version and that all of your apps are up to date as well:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Reply to this message if you need more help.

Cheers!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2021 11:51 AM in response to bergerbest

Hi bergerbest,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you no longer see the animation on your iPhone when you connect it to a MagSafe charger, so we'd like to see how we can help. Restart your iPhone to see if the animation starts to appear again. Sometimes this simple step can resolve unexpected behavior.

Since it was working normally before restoring a backup to your iPhone, this may indicate that the issue is software related. Make sure your iPhone is running the latest iOS version and that all of your apps are up to date as well:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Reply to this message if you need more help.

Cheers!

magsafe animation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.