Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I wanted to change my apple ID email and now I am stuck in the middle with both

Hello,

I recently changed to a new Iphone SE. I wanted to change the email associated with my apple ID because the old email is no longer accessible. I was able to successfully change the apple ID email however, when I go into settings under "update apple ID settings" there is a password to log in with the old email shown. The password I used for that email no longer works and now I'm stuck in a loop. I can change the password to the new email but I can't get past the old email. It keeps sending me back to the old email anyway. What can I do to fix this issue?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on May 8, 2021 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 4:28 PM

It sounds like you made a new AppleID and did not change the primary email address associated with your existing AppleID. Did you follow the steps in this support document? -> Change your Apple ID - Apple Support. Because if not, you’ve created a new, second AppleID, not edited the older one.

6 replies

May 13, 2021 6:38 PM in response to Max1ne1

What happens when you try? Error message(s)?

Contact Apple ID Support for assistance.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          

From the Apple Support article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      

I wanted to change my apple ID email and now I am stuck in the middle with both

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.