Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does the adapter get hot when I plug it in to my ipad to charge it

What causes the adapter to get very hot when I plug it into the IPad to recharge? It is cool plugged into the outlet. It’s only when plugged into my Apple generation 8 IPad that it gets very hot.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 8, 2021 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 4:08 PM

Your Power Adapter may become very warm whilst charging your iPad. It should not, however, become uncomfortably hot to handle.

If you are concerned, you should stop using the Power Adapter- and take both it and your iPad along to your local Apple Store, or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP), where the technicians will be able to test and assess them for normal function/operation.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2021 4:08 PM in response to MyIpadsupport123

Your Power Adapter may become very warm whilst charging your iPad. It should not, however, become uncomfortably hot to handle.

If you are concerned, you should stop using the Power Adapter- and take both it and your iPad along to your local Apple Store, or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP), where the technicians will be able to test and assess them for normal function/operation.

why does the adapter get hot when I plug it in to my ipad to charge it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.