Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12pro max stuck on install for hours...

I have a new iPhone 12 pro max and am doing a transfer from iPhone 6 plus. I got as far as the face to face scan but did not see any barcode. Now the iPhone 12 pro max has been swirling with "install now" .

My question, its been at least 3 1/2 hours, is it still installing 5,000 photos from my iPhone 6? What should I do? I did get an error message on the install update after I got as far as the 2 phones trying to transfer and the 12 had a fuzzy cloud image and the 6 had a clear round circle that I was suppose to transfer to.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on May 8, 2021 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 1:19 PM

Hi MzWorker,

It sounds like you're having some issues getting all of your data transferred over to the new iPhone, and we'd like to help out.

If we're understanding things correctly, it sounds as if you're using the Quick Start feature. Are you following these step-by-step instructions for that: Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Transfer times for this feature vary widely depending on devices involved, network connection speed, amount of data being transferred, etc.

Be sure to leave the two devices next to each other for the duration. If the newer one moves out of range for 30+ minutes, you may need to start over.

If you have an iCloud backup of the older iPhone, you may alternatively follow these steps to restore the backup onto the new iPhone: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

With iCloud backup restore, you can check the status with these steps from the link: "Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup. If your device is still being restored, you see “This [device] is currently being restored and will automatically back up when it is done.”"

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2021 1:19 PM in response to MzWorker

Hi MzWorker,

It sounds like you're having some issues getting all of your data transferred over to the new iPhone, and we'd like to help out.

If we're understanding things correctly, it sounds as if you're using the Quick Start feature. Are you following these step-by-step instructions for that: Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Transfer times for this feature vary widely depending on devices involved, network connection speed, amount of data being transferred, etc.

Be sure to leave the two devices next to each other for the duration. If the newer one moves out of range for 30+ minutes, you may need to start over.

If you have an iCloud backup of the older iPhone, you may alternatively follow these steps to restore the backup onto the new iPhone: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

With iCloud backup restore, you can check the status with these steps from the link: "Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup. If your device is still being restored, you see “This [device] is currently being restored and will automatically back up when it is done.”"

Take care.

iPhone 12pro max stuck on install for hours...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.