Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sir 4 days I purchased macbook air m1 chip my adapter and usb ports are getting heated too much in short interval

sir my adapter and usb pores are getting heated too much in short interval of time and I have it four days ago only

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 9, 2021 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 1:58 PM

Does the MacBook Air get hot without the adapter? If not then your MacBook Air is working correctly.

Most adapters/hubs draw power from the host (MacBook Air) and with activity on the devices connected to it, will generate heat. There are so many adapters / HUBs in the market today and it is very difficult to tell which is energy efficient with the M1 machines.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2021 1:58 PM in response to ritesh122

Does the MacBook Air get hot without the adapter? If not then your MacBook Air is working correctly.

Most adapters/hubs draw power from the host (MacBook Air) and with activity on the devices connected to it, will generate heat. There are so many adapters / HUBs in the market today and it is very difficult to tell which is energy efficient with the M1 machines.

Axel F.

sir 4 days I purchased macbook air m1 chip my adapter and usb ports are getting heated too much in short interval

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.