Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

erase all contents and settings

Will erase all contents and settings only erase on the device that I'm attempting to erase?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on May 9, 2021 4:48 AM

2 replies

May 9, 2021 5:50 AM in response to gregjt2815

Ok, there are two ways of doing this but first of all,

❗️be sure to read up on the possible effects that your iPad could go through when reset. I know that many people struggle with things like an activation key (questions requiring the first email used on your iPad to start it running) ❗️

❗️(Remember, be sure to read up on all aspects of restarting your iPad before actually do)❗️

1: through the settings app (recommended)!

1: locate thew settings app on the home screen of your iPad, once you find it, tap on the app to open it.

2: locate the menu on the left of your screen called "general", once found, tap on it.

3: scroll all the way down on the "general" menu until you reach the option "reset" tap on this option.

4: now apply the settings you are after.

once this is done, I want you to search how to get out of it. this should be easy as there are many youtube tutorials about it. good luck.

2: through recovery mode ❗️(not recommended as this will need to be restored through iTunes and may pose a risk of more trouble)❗️

1: hold the power on/off button (on the top of your iPad) and hold it until you get the option to turn off your iPad. when you get the option, switch off your iPad.

2: this part may be tricky, once your iPad is fully shut down, hold the home button (the round button that turns on your iPad) and just a as you are doing this, apply your charger that is connected to your Mac ready for iTunes. keep holding the button until you see a changing cable pointing towards the iTunes logo on your iPad screen. once this is done, I want you to search how to get out of it. this should be easy as there are many youtube tutorials about it. good luck.

erase all contents and settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.