Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer photos from Google Photos to iCloud

Hello All,

Its me again back in my quest to gain knowledge in the absence of the same on Apple devices. So I have recently become a iOS device owner. I was an Android user prior to this hence all my data is gmail and google portfolio of services.

Recently I decided to move all my images, photos and memes from Google Photos to iCloud. I have been able to export my data from Google and have it stored on my D drive. My question is how would I upload these to iCloud Photos? I would like a quick anbd efficient way, we are talking about a few thousand photos and videos, the dump size is 53GB !!!!!! I know right, thats like peanuts.....

I dont have a mac so unable to sync or upload using it that way. I dont want to get a Mac just for that. Any advice or guidance on how to do the above would be appreciated highly... Also I wanted to know how is the file structure or hierarchy work with iCloud Photos, as the images and videos are stored in folders using timeline hierarchy.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 9, 2021 4:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 4:30 AM

Hi,

So I understood you have all your photos on your PC, and you want to upload them on iCloud photos.

If it’s the case:

• First I read all your photos takes 53GB, so you’ll need to buy an iCloud subscription
  • Now, go to iCloud.com, sign in with your Apple ID and then click on photos app.
  • You should be able to see an icon or a button to upload photos.
  • Click on it, select all photos or folders on your PC (I think there’s a shortcut on windows to select all photos without selecting them one by one)
  • Now wait while it’s uploading.

If you only want to get them on your iPhone without using iCloud photos, as many users don’t want to pay iCloud subscription:

• Download iTunes on your PC
  • Connect your iPhone
  • Click on iPhone icon in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window.
  • Then click on photos under “Settings” in the left pane
  • Then check “Sync Photos”
  • Choose the folder where your photos/videos are located
  • You can, if you want, select all folders or only some folders in the main folder and include or not videos
  • Once you selected all you want to transfer, click on apply in the lower-right corner of the iTunes window and wait while it’s transferring

Please note that if you choose to don’t use iCloud photos, your photos will only be available on devices where you’ve transferred your photos and videos from iTunes.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2021 4:30 AM in response to yogeshmistry

Hi,

So I understood you have all your photos on your PC, and you want to upload them on iCloud photos.

If it’s the case:

• First I read all your photos takes 53GB, so you’ll need to buy an iCloud subscription
  • Now, go to iCloud.com, sign in with your Apple ID and then click on photos app.
  • You should be able to see an icon or a button to upload photos.
  • Click on it, select all photos or folders on your PC (I think there’s a shortcut on windows to select all photos without selecting them one by one)
  • Now wait while it’s uploading.

If you only want to get them on your iPhone without using iCloud photos, as many users don’t want to pay iCloud subscription:

• Download iTunes on your PC
  • Connect your iPhone
  • Click on iPhone icon in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window.
  • Then click on photos under “Settings” in the left pane
  • Then check “Sync Photos”
  • Choose the folder where your photos/videos are located
  • You can, if you want, select all folders or only some folders in the main folder and include or not videos
  • Once you selected all you want to transfer, click on apply in the lower-right corner of the iTunes window and wait while it’s transferring

Please note that if you choose to don’t use iCloud photos, your photos will only be available on devices where you’ve transferred your photos and videos from iTunes.

May 9, 2021 4:42 AM in response to Remi_202DC

Hello @Remi_202DC

Thanks for the revert, I have a Apple One subscription and I have additional iCloud storage as well. I did try the steps mentioned in option 1, which is what I want. I would like for my photos to be on iCloud so I can access photos from different devices.

My issue is, I am unable to upload the folder itself. It only gives me the option to do files. I think the Google Take out created a few hundre about 900 folder, in which they photos are distributed. Ideally I would like to keep the same structure.

Transfer photos from Google Photos to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.