Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain after update 14.5.1

Hi

i have updated my iPhone 11 to latest as 14.5.1 after this facing battery drain problem.

please help to solve this issue.

Posted on May 9, 2021 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 11:28 AM

To be able to determine what a problem may be with battery consumption, you need to go to Settings>Battery and then look to see what app or apps are using the highest percentage of battery during the day and start your troubleshooting there.

24 replies

May 9, 2021 11:11 AM in response to RizwanJanjua

Its been 6 months, its ok if it degrades by 2 percent. Initially it falls by 2 to 3 percent and then it stays there provided you use the proper apple certified charger and cable. I would suggest avoid using the fast charger everyday. My iphone Xr is 7 months old and i am still maintaining the 100 mark. I use the 5w brick and charge it when the battery drops to 20 and stop charging when it reaches 80 to 85. Also make sure optimised charging is on.

Hope this helps

May 9, 2021 11:18 AM in response to ankur143

Try the rest and set it up as a new phone. Only download the apps you need, avoid cluttering the phone. Also check the screen time in the settings and see which apps are taking up your battery the most. Avoid using them.

use low power mode, disable location service, switch mobile network settings from 4g or LTE to 3g, this helps a lot! Also, stop back ground app refresh and use wifi when available, disable mobile data. You will be a happy man.

Cheers

May 9, 2021 12:31 PM in response to RizwanJanjua

RizwanJanjua wrote:

2% Battery health Drop. in iphone 12 after updating ..

Batteries are consumables; they lose a little capacity every time they are discharged, then recharged. On average this works out to about a 1% loss for every 25 “full charge cycles”. As one example, if you charge the phone overnight, every night (and that is what you should do; it is a best practice), it starts the day at 100%. If it drops to 20% by the end of the day before you charge it again overnight that counts as 0.8 full charge cycles (20% to 100%), or about 25 full charge cycles per month of use. For this example your battery capacity will lose about 1% per month. Of course, if the end-of-day level is higher than 20% the capacity loss will be a little less, and if it is lower than 20%, or you charge it during the day, the capacity loss will be higher.

The absolute best way to improve the life of your battery long term is to enable Optimized Battery Charging (Settings/Battery/Battery Health) and charge the device overnight, every night. The battery will fast charge to 80%, then pause. During the night the phone will use mains power instead of battery power, allowing the battery to “rest”, and thus reducing the need to charge the battery quite as often. The phone will resume charging to reach 100% when you are ready to use your phone; it will “learn” your usage pattern.

Battery drain after update 14.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.