Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 3 charging and restoration issues

Hello.

This is my first post. I have an iPad 3 that has only ever charged on one charger. I have just moved and have note used it in awhile. The original charge I cannot find, but I do have a pc charger and a normal adapter for the iPad 3 and the charger connection. when I charge it I get a battery with a red line, but it never moves passed that red line. The iPad is charging though and is connected. After some time I get the connection and iTunes symbols to restore it. I plug it into my pc and iTunes begins the restoration, but the iPad then dies. Does anyone know why it will not fully charge, and why it dies during the restoration. The images bellow are not from my iPad, but they are what I get on my iPad. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted on May 10, 2021 12:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2021 3:26 AM

You need to keep charging it until the iPad is, at least, charged to over 50%.

More than this is preferable, but you need to get that iPad charged up more.

If the iPad will not charge from that non-Apple charger, then you need to purchase another new 12W iPad charger from Apple found here to purchase.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MGN03AM/A/apple-12w-usb-power-adapter

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2021 3:26 AM in response to JamesD92

You need to keep charging it until the iPad is, at least, charged to over 50%.

More than this is preferable, but you need to get that iPad charged up more.

If the iPad will not charge from that non-Apple charger, then you need to purchase another new 12W iPad charger from Apple found here to purchase.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MGN03AM/A/apple-12w-usb-power-adapter

Ipad 3 charging and restoration issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.