Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV HD and HomePod Mini Stereo Pair

I suspect this will end up being a feedback issue for Apple, but has anyone had any success in pairing a pair of HomePod minis to an AppleTV as the primary audio output? Basically, what I’d like to be able to do is what takes about 30 seconds with the original HomePods, where you create a persistent connection. With the Mini, it appears you’re stuck with AirPlay, which would be ok except it’s not persistent. Each time I start the TV, I generally have to select the speakers as AirPlay speakers, there’s a lag, and it doesn’t work. Until, suddenly, it does. Exceptionally frustrating. While they’re at it, being able to deal better with a mesh network would help. Not counting on much of a response as I suspect it’s working as designed, but thought I’d give it a try on my way to filing feedback.

Thanks.

Posted on May 10, 2021 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2021 9:29 AM

See Set up home theater audio with HomePod and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support. Only the ATV 4K and HomePod 2018 combination is supported for default speaker selection, everything else has to reselect AirPlay if it gets dropped.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

AppleTV HD and HomePod Mini Stereo Pair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.