Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you share your imovie via email from MacBook PRO

Posted on May 10, 2021 10:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2021 10:58 PM

BanksyDr Said:

"How do you share your imovie via email from MacBook PRO"

-------

Try Compressing it:

If it is just over the maximum data size limit for an attachment, then create a folder, move the file over to it, and then compress the folder. It would be a successful option for a small-sized item.

What to Do:

1. Create: a new folder on the Desktop
  2. Move: the iMovie to the folder
  3. Right-Click: on the folder
  4. Select: Compress
  5. Proceed from there as necessary
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2021 10:58 PM in response to BanksyDr

BanksyDr Said:

"How do you share your imovie via email from MacBook PRO"

-------

Try Compressing it:

If it is just over the maximum data size limit for an attachment, then create a folder, move the file over to it, and then compress the folder. It would be a successful option for a small-sized item.

What to Do:

1. Create: a new folder on the Desktop
  2. Move: the iMovie to the folder
  3. Right-Click: on the folder
  4. Select: Compress
  5. Proceed from there as necessary

May 10, 2021 11:39 PM in response to babowa

Babowa Said:

"My email provider's max is 20 MB (that is MB, not GB) and, from personal experiene, even short movies are in the hundreds of MBs or, if longer, 3 - 5 GB. There is no way to compress that down to anything less than 50 MB. That is unless there is now a movie file format that is already compressed."

-------

It's worth a thought.

May 10, 2021 11:45 PM in response to BanksyDr

One method you can use is as follows. Open a Gmail account, then upload your movie to Google Drive. Your default storage seems to be 15Gb, although that may be changing soon. You can upgrade to 100Gb storage for a very small monthly fee. You always have to wait for your file to be "processed", but I'm not sure exactly what this means. After this has been done, or even before, you can then write an email using your Gmail account with the option to attach a file from your Google Drive. If the file is over a certain size, then a link to the file will be inserted instead of attaching the file. You then have to choose from a list of options who can use this link, then send your email. Your email recipient can either stream your movie or download it. Of course, Apple users also have some free iCloud storage. I'm fairly new to using modern Macs with recent versions of macOS, as I've only been doing this since February 10, 2021. You'd think there was a similar system to Google Drive that can be used with iCloud. If there is, I haven't found it yet!

May 11, 2021 9:04 AM in response to PaulBraun

I certainly would never consider using Google or establishing an account there. I don't do business with companies that derive their income solely from selling your information. And, I would not publish any private information there as that would not be safe. I'd rather burn a DVD and mail it to them - at least I haven't compromised my private data.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.