Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t update Apple iPad Air 2 to iOS14.5.1

I’m trying to update my Apple iPad Air 2 to iOS14.5.1. It says I don’t have enough storage so I plug it into my Lenovo ideapad330, turn on iTunes (on the iPad) and then go to Settings and press Update. It still says there’s not enough space. I’ve already deleted lots of apps, photos and documents. What to do?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 11, 2021 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 6:13 AM

If your internal storage is full, your only option is to better manage the storage that you have - and delete unused Apps or unneeded data. 

These support pages should prove to be helpful:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? – Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

“Offloading” Apps can be a helpful method of creating temporary space for the software update.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/01/21/how-to-offload-apps-in-ios-to-save-space-without-deleting-their-data/

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2021 6:13 AM in response to Helpmehelpmesirshesaid

If your internal storage is full, your only option is to better manage the storage that you have - and delete unused Apps or unneeded data. 

These support pages should prove to be helpful:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? – Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

“Offloading” Apps can be a helpful method of creating temporary space for the software update.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/01/21/how-to-offload-apps-in-ios-to-save-space-without-deleting-their-data/

Can’t update Apple iPad Air 2 to iOS14.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.