Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Links in emails

Clicking a link in email used to open the page in the browser, now only gives narrow sidebar. How do i get the link-to-browser page back again? It started recently with last update. I already looked in mail settings and didn’t see anything new.

iPad Air 3 WiFi, Cellular

Posted on May 11, 2021 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 6:22 AM

Are you triggering a preview window (these cannot be resized) or a slide-over view?

When opening a link, a long-touch will usually open a small preview window - along with an Action Menu - whereas a “tap” will open the link.

To transform a Slide Over view, to Split Screen, use the grey drag-bar at the top of the Slide Over Window; drag downwards and to towards the side of the screen. As the view changes, lift your finger. You can also change a Slide Over to a Full Screen view. This time, using the same drag-bar, drag to the top-centre of the screen, then release.

You may find these overview Apple video guides to be helpful:

After viewing, you’ll be ready for the additional Multitasking Guide:

Use Multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide for iPadOS is also a rich source of information. Here are links to both the downloadable and online versions of the Guide:

‎iPad User Guide on Apple Books

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

I hope this explanation and additional information is helpful in resolving any difficulties you may be having with Multitasking features of your iPad.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2021 6:22 AM in response to jaleChevral

Are you triggering a preview window (these cannot be resized) or a slide-over view?

When opening a link, a long-touch will usually open a small preview window - along with an Action Menu - whereas a “tap” will open the link.

To transform a Slide Over view, to Split Screen, use the grey drag-bar at the top of the Slide Over Window; drag downwards and to towards the side of the screen. As the view changes, lift your finger. You can also change a Slide Over to a Full Screen view. This time, using the same drag-bar, drag to the top-centre of the screen, then release.

You may find these overview Apple video guides to be helpful:

After viewing, you’ll be ready for the additional Multitasking Guide:

Use Multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide for iPadOS is also a rich source of information. Here are links to both the downloadable and online versions of the Guide:

‎iPad User Guide on Apple Books

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

I hope this explanation and additional information is helpful in resolving any difficulties you may be having with Multitasking features of your iPad.

Links in emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.