Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone asks to sign into iTunes Store with an Apple ID that doesn't exist

I'm setting up an Iphone 5 and it keeps asking to sign in to the Itunes store with an Apple ID that doesn't exist. I've checked on the Apple ID website to see if this ID is still valid which it is not. How can I get rid of this annoying pop up and continue with setting up this phone. By the way, the phone is already logged in with an Apple ID.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 11, 2021 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 12:30 PM

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2021 12:30 PM in response to CindersButtons

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

May 11, 2021 9:52 AM in response to tonying29

Thanks Tony.

The previous owner is actually me ... I have signed out from this phone (with my actual Apple ID) and I reset and erased all the content. I am now trying to set this up for my husband and he is actually signed in with his Apple ID, but I keep getting this pop up asking me to sign in to I tunes with an ID which has a very old email address of mine. I checked this on the Apple ID website and it says that this is not recognised ... so I don't know how I can get rid of this pop up. Any help is much appreciated. Maybe I have to wipe everything and start all over again ....

iPhone asks to sign into iTunes Store with an Apple ID that doesn't exist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.