Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m locked out of my watch

I’m locked out of my Apple Watch

Posted on May 11, 2021 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 3:58 PM

Hey chaquatia,

Here is the article to help with this issue which I will also paste below. If you forget your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support

"If you forget your Apple Watch passcode

If your Apple Watch is disabled because you forgot your passcode or entered an incorrect passcode too many times, you can use the Apple Watch app on your iPhone to allow you to enter the passcode again. If you still can’t remember your passcode, you can reset Apple Watch, reset the passcode, then restore Apple Watch from a backup. Restoring erases the content and settings on your Apple Watch, but uses a backup to replace your data and settings.

Important: If Erase Data is turned on, the data on your Apple Watch is erased after 10 failed passcode attempts."

Also, if you see Activation Lock this will help. How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

I hope this helps that you will not need to erase the watch. If so I hope you have a backup.

• Scott (he, him)
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2021 3:58 PM in response to chaquatia

Hey chaquatia,

Here is the article to help with this issue which I will also paste below. If you forget your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support

"If you forget your Apple Watch passcode

If your Apple Watch is disabled because you forgot your passcode or entered an incorrect passcode too many times, you can use the Apple Watch app on your iPhone to allow you to enter the passcode again. If you still can’t remember your passcode, you can reset Apple Watch, reset the passcode, then restore Apple Watch from a backup. Restoring erases the content and settings on your Apple Watch, but uses a backup to replace your data and settings.

Important: If Erase Data is turned on, the data on your Apple Watch is erased after 10 failed passcode attempts."

Also, if you see Activation Lock this will help. How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

I hope this helps that you will not need to erase the watch. If so I hope you have a backup.

• Scott (he, him)

May 11, 2021 4:53 PM in response to chaquatia

To unpair and erase watch and remove Activation Lock.

On a computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.

Go to Find Iphone.

Select All Devices, then click your Apple Watch.

Click Erase Apple Watch.

Select Next until the device is erased.

Click the remove button next to your Apple Watch.

Then go here;

And now to pair the watch with my new phone.

I’m locked out of my watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.