Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring files from old mac G5 to a new ipad pro

Not only do I need an upgrade because of features and software but I also need more storage. Is there a way to transfer everything from my old Mac G5 to a new iPad Pro?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 11, 2021 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 5:22 PM

Not really. There are legacy versions of iTunes you can download from Apple support for as far back as OS X 10.5 (leopard). But that will not work with iPadOS 14 so no joy there. And you cannot access iCloud Drive to move over files with a G5 Mac. It has been 14 years since the G5 was discontinued, so comparability to sync content to a new iPad is really not possible.

And of course none of the software on your OS X G5 Mac is compatible with iPadOS. You’ll need to get your needed apps from the App Store for iPads.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2021 5:22 PM in response to Sonogirl123

Not really. There are legacy versions of iTunes you can download from Apple support for as far back as OS X 10.5 (leopard). But that will not work with iPadOS 14 so no joy there. And you cannot access iCloud Drive to move over files with a G5 Mac. It has been 14 years since the G5 was discontinued, so comparability to sync content to a new iPad is really not possible.

And of course none of the software on your OS X G5 Mac is compatible with iPadOS. You’ll need to get your needed apps from the App Store for iPads.

transferring files from old mac G5 to a new ipad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.