Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus

Can I take my macbook into any Apple store and get it fixed?

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 11, 2021 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 9:14 PM

JCLA323 Said:

"Virus: Can I take my macbook into any Apple store and get it fixed?"

-------

A Virus?:

Macs don't get viruses. What make you suspect there is a virus on your Mac? Providing more info would most certainly help.

As for Taking this to Apple:

A. Genius Bar Appointment:

Take this into Apple. Ask Apple Support about this when calling them. Have Apple look into this. Start by contacting Apple***, and request that a Genius Bar Appointment be reserved. You would take this to your local Apple Store, during which the screen and all other necessities would be looked at.

***Info on Contacting Apple:

B. Send-In Service:

With the Coronavirus going around, your local Apple Store may not be open at this very moment. So, send-in service is what you would use. So, while on the phone, ask the Apple Rep if mail-in service is an available option for you to send this in for service.

C. Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much more time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2021 9:14 PM in response to JCLA323

JCLA323 Said:

"Virus: Can I take my macbook into any Apple store and get it fixed?"

-------

A Virus?:

Macs don't get viruses. What make you suspect there is a virus on your Mac? Providing more info would most certainly help.

As for Taking this to Apple:

A. Genius Bar Appointment:

Take this into Apple. Ask Apple Support about this when calling them. Have Apple look into this. Start by contacting Apple***, and request that a Genius Bar Appointment be reserved. You would take this to your local Apple Store, during which the screen and all other necessities would be looked at.

***Info on Contacting Apple:

B. Send-In Service:

With the Coronavirus going around, your local Apple Store may not be open at this very moment. So, send-in service is what you would use. So, while on the phone, ask the Apple Rep if mail-in service is an available option for you to send this in for service.

C. Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much more time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.