Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to upload Photos library to iCloud

I have to question why am I paying for 2TB of iCloud storage if I can only upload a 10GB file? Photos libraries are going to be LARGE. How can I upload by Photos libraries to iCloud to free up space on my MacBook Pro?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on May 12, 2021 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 7:03 AM

Firstly - the iCloud is Only a conduit / means to share / sync files across various Apple Devices owned by you and all devices are using the Same Apple User ID. iCloud is not designed or intended to be like an External Drive. iCloud stores a copy of what you place there AND keeps a Copy of that same file S) Locally - that bing On you Device. So, in effect - using iCloud will not free up space on you Internal Drive at all. An External Drive would be better to store large libraries of photo, music, videos, podcasts, TV Shows etc

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2021 7:03 AM in response to bannont

Firstly - the iCloud is Only a conduit / means to share / sync files across various Apple Devices owned by you and all devices are using the Same Apple User ID. iCloud is not designed or intended to be like an External Drive. iCloud stores a copy of what you place there AND keeps a Copy of that same file S) Locally - that bing On you Device. So, in effect - using iCloud will not free up space on you Internal Drive at all. An External Drive would be better to store large libraries of photo, music, videos, podcasts, TV Shows etc

unable to upload Photos library to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.