Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't log in to Target app using iphone SE 2020

Can't log in to Target app, I get this error:

{"errors":[{"errorKey":"_ERR_INVALID_PARAMETER","errorMessage":"Redirect URI is incorrect. redirectUrl=, clientId=ecom-ios-1.0.0","reason":"_ERR_INVALID_PARAMETER","clientId":"ecom-ios-1.0.0"}]}

Contacted target customer service and they say it's my phone. They claim they have never heard of this before. They suggested to uninstall then reinstall; that did nothing. Then they tell me that the iphone is trying to pull my old password and suggested I clear my target cache but couldn't explain how to do that. Then they tell me that the whole phone needs to be cleared.

Can anyone help?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on May 12, 2021 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 5:08 PM

I'm not using a VPN to connect to the internet. I'm confused as to why I would need to clear the cache of the safari browser since I'm using trying to login on the target app, I'm not using the safari browser. Either way I did try that and it didn't change the error message I get with in the app.

This is what I see when I try using the app, from when I open it till I get the error message.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2021 5:08 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I'm not using a VPN to connect to the internet. I'm confused as to why I would need to clear the cache of the safari browser since I'm using trying to login on the target app, I'm not using the safari browser. Either way I did try that and it didn't change the error message I get with in the app.

This is what I see when I try using the app, from when I open it till I get the error message.

May 13, 2021 6:51 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks for clearing up the Safari connection. Yes, I enter in my username and password and then that error happens.

When I switched to this phone, I could not sign into the app. It would say my account did not exist. Then I tried to log in on my pc, to find that my account had been locked. It took three calls to target customer service to unlock my account on my pc but the app kept saying my account did not exist. Customer service told me that Target was undergoing an update to their system and that this was causing a disruption for some customers. After the last reset of password, target customer service had my log in to the app and that is when the invalid parameter error started.

They say they have never heard of this happening but I found a reddit, from a year ago, referring to the same problem but with an android phone. I couldn't find anywhere in the discussion that a solution was found.

Can you suggest what my settings should be on Safari to get this to work.

I just got this phone and when I did the side by side transfer between iPhones, I thought that included all the settings. The app worked fine on my previous phone.

May 19, 2021 12:13 PM in response to Hdere

The target tech team sent me directions of how to solve the problem but for android phone. So I couldn't do any of what was suggested to fix the problem. But one of the suggestions is to "force stop" the app.

I tried to log in and got that invalid parameter screen and instead of hitting cancel, I did a reset (not sure if I'm using the right terminology). For my SE 2020, I press the volume buttons up and down then the side button until the screen goes black. Let everything load again and tried logging in and it worked. I don't know if this is the solution but it worked for me on the second try. Give it a try and maybe it will work for you too.

I can't log in to Target app using iphone SE 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.