Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display issue

Hi,

I just bought an mac mini and I was looking at the displays setup when suddenly it doesn't displays any image from the mini anymore. How can you help me with this?

regards

Mac mini, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 12, 2021 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 11:03 AM

Hello sylvain292,

It looks like you only see the background on your Mac, it's missing your menu bar and dock.

Here are some resources that might help:

Relaunch finder by following "How to force an app to quit" in How to force an app to quit on your Mac as "You can even force the Finder to quit, if it stops responding: Select Finder in the Force Quit window, then click Relaunch."

Force shutdown you computer as seen in "Shut down" in Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac as "You can force a shutdown if necessary—for example, if your Mac becomes unresponsive—by pressing and holding the power button until your Mac shuts down."

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2021 11:03 AM in response to sylvain292

Hello sylvain292,

It looks like you only see the background on your Mac, it's missing your menu bar and dock.

Here are some resources that might help:

Relaunch finder by following "How to force an app to quit" in How to force an app to quit on your Mac as "You can even force the Finder to quit, if it stops responding: Select Finder in the Force Quit window, then click Relaunch."

Force shutdown you computer as seen in "Shut down" in Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac as "You can force a shutdown if necessary—for example, if your Mac becomes unresponsive—by pressing and holding the power button until your Mac shuts down."

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

Display issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.