Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I replaced my screen on my iPhone XR now my front camera is showing black

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 12, 2021 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 5:05 PM

Who replaced the screen? If you or a 3rd party iFixit shop put an aftermarket screen on your phone, they messed it up. Take it back to them. Apple won't touch a phone which has been tampered with aftermarket parts.

Now, if Apple replaced the screen you have a guarantee from Apple, so take it to them. But again, if Apple didn't replace the screen you're unfortunately on your own.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2021 5:05 PM in response to H-333

Who replaced the screen? If you or a 3rd party iFixit shop put an aftermarket screen on your phone, they messed it up. Take it back to them. Apple won't touch a phone which has been tampered with aftermarket parts.

Now, if Apple replaced the screen you have a guarantee from Apple, so take it to them. But again, if Apple didn't replace the screen you're unfortunately on your own.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.