Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Severe battery drain after updated to watchOS 7.4.1

I was experiencing a weird battery drain issue on my Apple Watch Series 6 with watchOS 7.4 and I decided to update that to watchOS 7.4.1 hoping that they will resolve this problem. Yet, things get worse after updating, the battery drains real fast and I have to charge it every day (I used to charge every other day cause the battery allows). This reminds me of when I first got my Apple Watch Series 2 around 5 years ago, the battery drained real fast too.

Hope Apple is fixing this soon.

Apple Watch

Posted on May 12, 2021 5:55 PM

2 replies

May 13, 2021 8:10 AM in response to Joewong46

After any IOS or OS update I find that a few forced restarts both your iPhone and your watch are needed.

First try force restarting your iPhone by whatever method your version calls for.  As soon as you see the Apple logo force restart your watch by holding in the crown and side button for 10 seconds till you see the Apple logo then release.  Log into your iPhone and wait for your watch to boot, then log into it.

Do this a couple of times about an hour apart, works for me.

Failing that I'd try unpairing the watch from your iPhone then pairing it back setting it up as new.

May 13, 2021 9:49 PM in response to Randy-12

Just tried to reboot my Apple Watch yesterday and seems like the battery usage has kinda returned to normal (it went from 100% to 95%) within 5 hours. I suspected there was something wrong with my GPS cause it kept showing the GPS icon in the Control Center yesterday.

Anyway, thanks for Randy's suggestion, will try it next time when I update it (tho I may not update all my Apple devices anymore cause they are both working very fine now).

Severe battery drain after updated to watchOS 7.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.