Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Big Sur capable of supporting 32-bit applications.

Is Big Sur capable of supporting 32-bit applications? I use a 32-bit app as a workhorse for my paperwork. I paid for the stand-alone application years ago. The 64- bit version is now only available on a monthly subscription basis, so I have not upgraded my Mac’s OS so I can keep running the 32-bit application. I am hoping Apple will make an upgrade that will run for 32-and 64-bit apps again.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 12, 2021 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 11:09 PM

Create a small APFS volume and install some 32-bit supporting system like Mojave or El Capitan to it (your Mac has to support that system). Or create a VMware virtual machine (VMware Workstation 12 Player is free for personal use) in Big Sur and install that old macOS to it (it can be set to share a folder with Big Sur). I have both for some old 32-bit apps in Big Sur.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2021 11:09 PM in response to jann cather

Create a small APFS volume and install some 32-bit supporting system like Mojave or El Capitan to it (your Mac has to support that system). Or create a VMware virtual machine (VMware Workstation 12 Player is free for personal use) in Big Sur and install that old macOS to it (it can be set to share a folder with Big Sur). I have both for some old 32-bit apps in Big Sur.

Is Big Sur capable of supporting 32-bit applications.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.