Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.5.1 CarPlay Siri Not Texting Properly

Is anyone experiencing the new iOS 14.5.1 Carplay issue in the car trying to listen to the new text message and Siri just gives you the circle of death and asks if you want to reply but didn't hear any message? Seriously Apple, this is not cool. Please fix this problem or does someone know the quick fix?

Posted on May 12, 2021 9:23 PM

Similar questions

11 replies

May 13, 2021 4:34 PM in response to RoboSheila

Hello RoboSheila,

It appears from your post that you are having an issue with Siri connecting when using CarPlay.

Does the same thing happen when using Siri when not connected to CarPlay?

Does this happen all the time or only in certain locations?

Siri depends on a data connection in order to work. If you are in a location where no connection is available, it will not be able to connect properly.

Have a good day.

May 13, 2021 10:38 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi Chuck_3rd,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, this is the new iOS update, I’m in my car and a text message comes thru. I click on the message to read it to me and the message is not read, I just get the circle from Siri trying to get my message and stalls. Is there a fix for this or can I remove the new update and go back to the old iOS?

Thank you.

May 16, 2021 7:28 AM in response to RoboSheila

Hello RoboSheila,

While there is no supported way to go back to an older iOS, this should be an issue that can be resolved.

Does this happen on all texts in all locations? The reason we ask is that Siri depends on being able to connect to servers in order to be able to read messages. If you are in a location where service is not available, then Siri would not be able to respond.

Just to confirm, does the same thing happen when not connected to CarPlay, or does Siri seem to be able to read messages as expected. Again, keep in mind the location of the device when performing these test.

It would be interesting to know if a text that Siri has trouble to read over CarPlay, is able to be read when CarPlay is disconnected, in the same location.

Have a great day.

May 16, 2021 6:25 PM in response to chuck_3rd

I too have been experiencing issues with Siri through CarPlay since iOS 14.5.1. Specifically, Siri fails to read back messages when attention to send them and usually fails to read received messages beyond the first couple of words.

Siri only fails when connected to CarPlay. I have confirmed the issue in 3 different cars - 2016 VW GTI, 2018 VW Atlas and 2021 Ford F-150.

My phone is an iPhone 11 Pro.

iOS 14.5.1 CarPlay Siri Not Texting Properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.