Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave on MacBook Pro 10.13.6

I have a MacBook Pro 10.13.6, 13" with Intel Core i5. I want to upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave 10.14. When I try to open the installer, it says that I need an OS of 10.14. Yet other sources indicate that I can make this upgrade. What gives?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 13, 2021 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 2:12 AM

It appears from your description - you were attempting to install a Standalone UpDate of Mojave and Not the Full Installer which is required.

The Age of this computer will Govern what newer version of macOS it will Qualify to install. Use About this Mac from the Apple Icon on Desktop - the required Information will be there.

With the above information in-hand - follow this How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install. Make sure to use Only Safari to commence the download as Other may not work

Make a Time Machine Backup Before attempting. Notation - Mojave is the Last version to support 32 bit applications / extensions and Drivers. Catalina and Big Sur Only support 64 bit and there is not workaround.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2021 2:12 AM in response to jennywren58

It appears from your description - you were attempting to install a Standalone UpDate of Mojave and Not the Full Installer which is required.

The Age of this computer will Govern what newer version of macOS it will Qualify to install. Use About this Mac from the Apple Icon on Desktop - the required Information will be there.

With the above information in-hand - follow this How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install. Make sure to use Only Safari to commence the download as Other may not work

Make a Time Machine Backup Before attempting. Notation - Mojave is the Last version to support 32 bit applications / extensions and Drivers. Catalina and Big Sur Only support 64 bit and there is not workaround.

Cannot upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave on MacBook Pro 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.