Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"All Inboxes" option disappeared in Mail on my Mac

All of a sudden the All Inboxes option disappeared from mail on my Mac. Now I have to go to each mailbox separately to check mail. I'm on macOS Big Sur Version 11.3.1

With two businesses, and a couple of personal accounts... it takes too long! Please help me get it back!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 13, 2021 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 6:57 AM

OK... so I'm not sure quite how I did it... but look for the plus sign and little arrow all the way over to the right...

When you click on the plus sign, you can add a mailbox. And my All inboxes was in the list that came up! Good luck!

9 replies

May 13, 2021 9:17 PM in response to PChefLucyCT

PChefLucyCT Said:

"'All Inboxes' option disappeared in Mail on my Mac: All of a sudden the All Inboxes option disappeared from mail on my Mac. Now I have to go to each mailbox separately to check mail. I'm on macOS Big Sur Version 11.3.1 With two businesses, and a couple of personal accounts... it takes too long! Please help me get it back!"

-------

Try the Following:

Type "All Inboxes" in the Help menu, and see what pops up.

What I Get:

I search for something, and it searches all locations.

May 26, 2021 8:35 PM in response to BDAqua

I have the same disappearing "All Inboxes" mailbox under favorites. That mailbox appears nowhere else. Even the suggested mail help menu does not work since there is no "All inboxes" mailbox to show up under the view menu "go to favorites" menu item as shown above. This "all inboxes" mail box has just disappeared. I looked at mail preferences, every option on the mail menu bar and in the mail viewer window and there does not seem to be any way to restore the missing mail box.

This problem appeared this evening when I opened mail again. The missing mailbox under favorites was there earlier today when I had opened mail, and I cannot recall anything I did which might have caused the disappearance.

John

May 13, 2021 5:30 PM in response to PChefLucyCT

Are you showing the Sidebar?

Do you have a screenshot that you can share?

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

May 27, 2021 4:13 PM in response to PChefLucyCT

I was working from home late last night to work on documents for an acquisition by a client of another company when looking at the mail I saw the little star as I moved my mouse over the line which contained the word Favorites. This is at the top of the mailbox list column. Note that star and the dropdown caret only show when you mouse over it. But I was tired at 11:30pm and I thought I would see what that little star was about the next day. I could not wait to get home from work today to try it out after reading your support email, and lo and behold, it worked. So I put "all inboxes", "all Junk", "All Trash" and "All Archive" also at the top, and now everything was back to normal. Thanks for showing the fix for which I only had a hunch.

Now the issue was why this happened. I was in a hurry with so much to do last night that I must have moused over the Favorites title and somehow removed the "All inboxes" member of the favorites. So word to the wise, do not work when you are dog tired!!!

John

"All Inboxes" option disappeared in Mail on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.