Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes won't recognise my iphone 11 though the macbook does, I've done all the updates, switched off and on several times and checked the cables

iTunes does not recognise my iPhone 11, though my MacBook does. I've done all the updates, switched off and on several times, and checked cables

iPhone 11

Posted on May 14, 2021 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 5:24 AM

For iOS 14 you need iTunes 12.8.2.3 or better running on OS X 10.11.6 or better. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support if required.

Assuming a suitable version of iTunes is in place then in Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

If these steps haven't worked you can also try reinstalling iTunes 12.8.2.3 while your device is connected and unlocked.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2021 5:24 AM in response to Sarski1

For iOS 14 you need iTunes 12.8.2.3 or better running on OS X 10.11.6 or better. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support if required.

Assuming a suitable version of iTunes is in place then in Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

If these steps haven't worked you can also try reinstalling iTunes 12.8.2.3 while your device is connected and unlocked.

tt2

itunes won't recognise my iphone 11 though the macbook does, I've done all the updates, switched off and on several times and checked the cables

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.