Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My watch series 6 just started not counting my whole walk for my exercise ring. Why is that. It use to up until yesterday and today.

Why is my watch not tracking my walk the whole time towards my exercise ring?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on May 14, 2021 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 7:26 AM

The exercise ring (green ring) will only count exercise when your heart rate has increased - not sure how far it needs to go, though.

Just as an example, if I walk at a 20 minute per mile pace it doesn’t count for me. If I walk at 18 minutes per mile, it usually gets my heart rate up enough to count.

My girlfriend, who runs (and is in better shape than I!) will get no exercise counted at 18 minutes per mile - she has to walk faster.

So check out your pace - it needs to get high enough to impact your heart rate to count, and if you get into better shape you’ll need to keep increasing your pace to get your heart rate into the exercise zone.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2021 7:26 AM in response to krystle1016

The exercise ring (green ring) will only count exercise when your heart rate has increased - not sure how far it needs to go, though.

Just as an example, if I walk at a 20 minute per mile pace it doesn’t count for me. If I walk at 18 minutes per mile, it usually gets my heart rate up enough to count.

My girlfriend, who runs (and is in better shape than I!) will get no exercise counted at 18 minutes per mile - she has to walk faster.

So check out your pace - it needs to get high enough to impact your heart rate to count, and if you get into better shape you’ll need to keep increasing your pace to get your heart rate into the exercise zone.

My watch series 6 just started not counting my whole walk for my exercise ring. Why is that. It use to up until yesterday and today.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.