Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

big sur samsung ml-2120 printer

Dears, I had a Samsung ML2020 printer and It is not possibile to install the 32bit driver on Big Sure.

I've installed the driver as suggest in this post https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252069078?answerId=254046676022#254046676022 (I'm not able to reply directly in this page...).

I see the specific driver of my printer, I see that it is on line but it doesn't work.

Can you help me?

(Driver installed: https://driverfresh.com/en/printers/samsung/3-universal-driver.html)

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 14, 2021 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 7:17 AM

Stop installing so-called drivers from non-HP sites (e.g. driverfresh.com) as you may be installing malware instead.

You have mentioned two different Samsung printers, the Xpress ML-2120 and the Xpress ML-2020. HP updated the print/scan driver for the ML-2120 in Feb 2021, and you should install that if you have the ML-2120. HP also shows the same driver version and release date for the Xpress ML-2020, so in either case, you are covered.

Installing the driver is insufficient to make the printer/scanner work. With the device powered and connected, visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners panel. Right-click on your printer entry and from the secondary menu, choose Reset printing system… When you re-add the printer, choose the explicit Samsung driver for it, and then it should print, or scan through Apple's Image Capture application.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2021 7:17 AM in response to Green Otto

Stop installing so-called drivers from non-HP sites (e.g. driverfresh.com) as you may be installing malware instead.

You have mentioned two different Samsung printers, the Xpress ML-2120 and the Xpress ML-2020. HP updated the print/scan driver for the ML-2120 in Feb 2021, and you should install that if you have the ML-2120. HP also shows the same driver version and release date for the Xpress ML-2020, so in either case, you are covered.

Installing the driver is insufficient to make the printer/scanner work. With the device powered and connected, visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners panel. Right-click on your printer entry and from the secondary menu, choose Reset printing system… When you re-add the printer, choose the explicit Samsung driver for it, and then it should print, or scan through Apple's Image Capture application.

May 18, 2021 12:59 PM in response to Green Otto

Hello,

One should perhaps not rule out that the Feb 11, 2021 Samsung universal print driver V3.93.01 (mentioned in the link provided by VikingOSX) https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.01.dmg may work even with an ML-2010 (if another model is chosen). However, it is also possible that the ML-2010 is incompatible, and thus will not work at all. If you try it, it would be experimental.

There is always a certain risk involved with an experiment (albeit not as high as the risk with printer drivers from unknown third-party sites). There may be software conflicts. Data may be lost. You may have to erase and reinstall everything on the computer. A hardware problem is unlikely, but it is impossible to guarantee anything. If you proceed, make sure that you have at least three backup copies of important files.

Generally speaking, if there is a problem with a USB computer connection, one could use an external USB print server (with Ethernet or Wi-Fi capabilities). This would allow the USB printer to act as a network printer. Just as one example, the ML-2010 is in a TP-Link compatibility list (https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202004/20200430/PrinterCompatibilityList_20200430.pdf). An appropriate printer driver will still be needed.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

big sur samsung ml-2120 printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.