Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted iMessages keeping photos in Info

after deleting an iMessage, if i go to text that person again, and click on info-->photos all the photos i have previously sent in the deleted message show up again. i have tried to select the photos in the photo info section and delete them, but they do not delete. i am on the newest iOS

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 14, 2021 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 8:30 AM

sorry about that. if I delete a text strand with someone, then text them again- click on their name at the top of the iMessage, click on info, then the photos that have been sent show up on the bottom of the screen. does that make sense?

Thank you!

3 replies

May 14, 2021 8:48 AM in response to kat_34

Okay, so you are pinning a message at the top of iMessage and then are just deleting a current conversation? I don't use pinning a conversation, so I'm not so sure how it works. I've found this information from Apple, Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support that contains information about pinning a conversation, but it does not explain anything about keeping information in Info. You may wish to contact Apple Support with your question if no one else responds here.

Deleted iMessages keeping photos in Info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.