Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost my iPad. Can I recover my photos

Lost my iPad. Any way to recover photos?

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on May 14, 2021 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 9:36 AM

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

Facilities to manage/recover a lost or stolen device are predicated on Find My iPad being enabled on the device before it was lost.

Whilst you’ll not be able to recover photographs locally stored on the iPad that has been lost, any photographs that have been synchronised with iCloud will be immediately accessible using either a web-browser - or using other Apple devices that are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID. From a web browser, simply sign-in to iCloud:

https://icloud.apple.com

If your photos are not synchronised via iCloud, you may be able to recover them from a pre-exiting iCloud or iTunes backup of your data.

If you don’t have an existing backup - or if photos are not synchronised with iCloud - your photos and other data, locally stored on your iPad - will have been lost.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2021 9:36 AM in response to Rileygirl33

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

Facilities to manage/recover a lost or stolen device are predicated on Find My iPad being enabled on the device before it was lost.

Whilst you’ll not be able to recover photographs locally stored on the iPad that has been lost, any photographs that have been synchronised with iCloud will be immediately accessible using either a web-browser - or using other Apple devices that are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID. From a web browser, simply sign-in to iCloud:

https://icloud.apple.com

If your photos are not synchronised via iCloud, you may be able to recover them from a pre-exiting iCloud or iTunes backup of your data.

If you don’t have an existing backup - or if photos are not synchronised with iCloud - your photos and other data, locally stored on your iPad - will have been lost.

Lost my iPad. Can I recover my photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.