Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I change my iCloud, will I lose data on my phone?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on May 14, 2021 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 12:13 PM

If you change the email address associated with your Apple ID to different email address as explained in the support document you came from, then no, you will not lose any data, as the actual account remains the same, you are just charging the username for it.

If you create an entirely new account, then all the data associated with the old one, remains on the old account and may be removed from your iPhone when you log in to the new one. Though it should ask you if you wish to keep the data from the old account on the iPhone when you sign out of it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2021 12:13 PM in response to dree15

If you change the email address associated with your Apple ID to different email address as explained in the support document you came from, then no, you will not lose any data, as the actual account remains the same, you are just charging the username for it.

If you create an entirely new account, then all the data associated with the old one, remains on the old account and may be removed from your iPhone when you log in to the new one. Though it should ask you if you wish to keep the data from the old account on the iPhone when you sign out of it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.