Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes store

I just recently activated my iphone and am trying to download apps from store. I am signed in the app store already with my apple id but when I enter my password it says "this apple id has not yet been used in the itunes store". When I tap review it takes me to a 'Sign in required' screen that only asks for a password and when I enter it and hit 'Sign in', it just takes me back to the app store. Trying to figure out what I need to do in order to download apps?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on May 14, 2021 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 1:27 AM

You most likely need to provide a payment method in your account, such as a bank card or redeem an iTunes/App Store gift card, this opens your account in these stores.

Without trying to download an app, open the App Store app and tap on your account/Apple ID in the upper right corner. Tap your Apple ID and then manage payments. Provide a payment method.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.3.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.4.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.5.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.5.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.5.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.5  HomePods, audioOS 14.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2021 1:27 AM in response to q_deezul

You most likely need to provide a payment method in your account, such as a bank card or redeem an iTunes/App Store gift card, this opens your account in these stores.

Without trying to download an app, open the App Store app and tap on your account/Apple ID in the upper right corner. Tap your Apple ID and then manage payments. Provide a payment method.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.3.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.4.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.5.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.5.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.5.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.5  HomePods, audioOS 14.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Itunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.