Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trojan horse virus

How can a trojan horse virus affect my iphone?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 14, 2021 1:31 PM

10 replies

May 14, 2021 5:31 PM in response to Takanodai

Takanodai Said:

"How can a trojan horse virus affect my iPhone? [...]I accidentally clicked a spam email. My friend analyzed the email and told me it’s a virus and asked me if my MS word is macro enabled. Upon searching google, I found the trojan horse virus. I am just a bit worried. Although when I clicked the link, I immediately exited it. I was not re-directed and I didn’t even saw what’s the link is about."

-------

Thank you for that info.

You are fine.

There are no viruses for Macs. So you are fine. If you installed Security Software, then uninstall it, as it just gets in the way on a Mac.

Uninstall Security Software:

Any Security Software installed on your computer? If so, uninstall it. Use the Uninstaller for to do so, getting the Uninstaller directly from my Developer’s site, as getting it else where may result in Malware or Spyware being installed. If you are uncertain which to download, then as the Developer. What is it doing is running you through VPN (Virtual Private Network), and your location is seen elsewhere — perhaps a location that this site is inaccessible to.

On a Mac...

Scan your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

May 14, 2021 4:36 PM in response to TheLittles

I accidentally clicked a spam email. My friend analyzed the email and told me it’s a virus and asked me if my MS word is macro enabled. Upon searching google, I found the trojan horse virus. I am just a bit worried. Although when I clicked the link, I immediately exited it. I was not re-directed and I didn’t even saw what’s the link is about.

Trojan horse virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.