Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad reset. No idea what Apple ID & password can be.

So long story short, my mom got an iPad for a gift some years ago & use would use it everyday. I set up her Apple ID & stuff to download apps & get full functionality of it. However, recently she was locked out of her iPad due to my little sibling playing with it. As a result, she reset the iPad. Now, we are at the beginning screen of a new device where it is asking for her Apple ID & password which we no longer have or know off the top of our heads & we cannot get past this at all. I now need the iPad for the next semester of school, is there any possible way to bypass this & regain access to the device ? I’ve tried everything possible & ive been told I’m pretty much stuck by people I know who’ve had similar issues. Is there ANYTHING that can be done like taking it to apple & having them fix it ?

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on May 15, 2021 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 10:43 AM

Apple won't fix it unless you have a copy of the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it.

See if you can recover the ID/password. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple    An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find              

If you forgot the Apple ID password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification  email option if necessary.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2021 10:43 AM in response to jeremia192

Apple won't fix it unless you have a copy of the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it.

See if you can recover the ID/password. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple    An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find              

If you forgot the Apple ID password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification  email option if necessary.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

May 15, 2021 11:43 AM in response to Eric Root

They expect me to have a receipt from lol 2014 still in possession ? Sounds a bit ridiculous. I’ve tried abunch of other options & were just not getting lucky. My moms memory isn’t the sharpest so she can’t remember her Apple ID or password to save her life. I remember a portion of it but it’s still not giving me access to the device at all.

iPad reset. No idea what Apple ID & password can be.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.