Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers not syncing to iphone, ipad

Numbers app is not updating spreadsheets from my Mac to iPhone and iPad. iCloud sharing is on, as well as Numbers slider switch on (green) on my devices. I have restarted devices and Mac. Anywhere else to check for this? Haven't tried turning iCloud off and on yet because when I do it takes foreEVER for Photos to completely sync :)

Mac Mini OS 11.3.1

iPhone & iPad iOS 14.5.1

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on May 15, 2021 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 9:45 AM

Is this happening with documents you created previously and have been able to use/share on your other devices and your Mac with no problem until now? Or is this happening with a document you created new on your Mac and this is the first time you've tried opening it on one of your other devices and it is not showing up there?

If the first one, then it might require logging out of and back into iCloud, as painful as that might be. Or maybe you can just turn it off for Numbers then turn it back on. I don't use iCloud for documents so I'm just guessing here.

If the second, you might have saved it on your computer, not in iCloud.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2021 9:45 AM in response to Marc Stergionis1

Is this happening with documents you created previously and have been able to use/share on your other devices and your Mac with no problem until now? Or is this happening with a document you created new on your Mac and this is the first time you've tried opening it on one of your other devices and it is not showing up there?

If the first one, then it might require logging out of and back into iCloud, as painful as that might be. Or maybe you can just turn it off for Numbers then turn it back on. I don't use iCloud for documents so I'm just guessing here.

If the second, you might have saved it on your computer, not in iCloud.

May 17, 2021 9:21 AM in response to Marc Stergionis1

Have you made sure you are storing your documents in iCloud Drive? When you go on your Mac to System Preferences > Apple ID is Cloud Drive checked and (behind the options button) Numbers.app also checked?

If so, then you should see your documents (all updated with latest changes) when you sign into iCloud.com and go to Numbers for iCloud.

If you do see the documents there on iCloud.com, then the syncing between the Mac and iCloud is working and you need to recheck the settings on your other devices.

If you don't see your documents there, then you know it's something related to the settings on your Mac.

SG

May 17, 2021 9:36 AM in response to Badunit

Happening with a Numbers file I update several times a month and have been doing so for a couple of years. No problem till now. And now changes in setup or syncing setup.

There have been OS updates this month though.

The Mac (where I usually update) has the newest changes to Numbers file, but the iDevices haven't synced that for a couple of weeks it seems. The iDevices do seem to sync with each other. Also noticed a Contact I added in the phone has synced to the iPad, but not the Mac.

Mail and Messages of course, are syncing across all devices.

I tried turning off iCloud for Numbers and Contacts, restarting and then reactivating those two. No change.

I had signed out and back in to iCloud on the Mac and iPhone previously, with no change also.

May 18, 2021 9:18 AM in response to SGIII

It has always had the same name. For some reason there are 3 iCloud Archive folders under my user name on Mac hard drive. Finder says they were all added in the last few days!

I decided to Finder copy the updated version as filenameNEW and then dropped that into iCloud Drive > iCloud Drive. I made a change to that file on the Mac which Did show up when I opened filenameNew on iPhone and iPad.

Thanks! Still wonder why the new Contacts entry isn't showing on the Mac though :(

Numbers not syncing to iphone, ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.