Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need my apple watch to record and send the voice recording as a message on Whatsapp or iMessage and i swiched dictation to transcript or audio but it still send transcriped messages and didn't give me option to send voice record instead

i need my apple watch to record and send the voice recording as a message on Whatsapp or iMessage and i swiched dictation to transcript or audio but it still send transcriped messages and didn't give me option to send voice record instead

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on May 15, 2021 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 4:47 AM

Yes the dictation feature is set to Transcription by default. To change that

• Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, then Messages > Dictated Messages
  • If you then tap Audio, the recipient gets your dictated text as an audio clip to listen to, not a text message to read. If you tap "Transcript or Audio", you can choose the format of your message when you send it.

You will also need to have dictation active, under Settings > General > Enable Dictation. However I guess that must already be the case, since you have the mic operational.

Regarding WhatsApp, you will likely need some 3rd party app to enable similar capability, since WhatsApp does not provide an app for watchOS directly.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2021 4:47 AM in response to DrDimas

Yes the dictation feature is set to Transcription by default. To change that

• Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, then Messages > Dictated Messages
  • If you then tap Audio, the recipient gets your dictated text as an audio clip to listen to, not a text message to read. If you tap "Transcript or Audio", you can choose the format of your message when you send it.

You will also need to have dictation active, under Settings > General > Enable Dictation. However I guess that must already be the case, since you have the mic operational.

Regarding WhatsApp, you will likely need some 3rd party app to enable similar capability, since WhatsApp does not provide an app for watchOS directly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.