Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone on Boot Loop

My phone has been stuck going between displaying the apple logo for about 2 minutes, flashing black, and then apple logo in a cycle for 6 hours. I have tried force restarting it and even plugging it into my computer to update but nothing seemed to change. Is there anything I can do?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 15, 2021 9:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 12:50 AM

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201412

2 replies

May 16, 2021 12:09 AM in response to kacswimmer

Hi, when you connect it to your computer have you tried putting the iPhone in DFU mode

Open iTunes, it should open when you connect your iPhone.

IN quick succession Press and release the Volume Up button,Press and release the Volume Down button.

Press and hold the Side button for 10 seconds until the iPhone’s screen turns black.

While continuing to hold the Side button, press and hold the Volume Down button for 5 seconds, and then release the Side button while continuing to hold the Volume Down button for an additional 10 seconds. The screen should remain black if performed correctly.

In iTunes you should see a message stating that “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.”

To exit DFU

Press and release Volume Up

Press and Release Volume Down

Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple Logo

Phone on Boot Loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.