Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone keeps saying uploading messages to icloud

is this a bug? Every time I go into my text messages on iPhone 11, it says Uploading messages to iCloud and runs slow. How can I fix this?

Posted on May 16, 2021 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 7:37 AM

Hello Jenkomo,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's our understanding that the Messages app on your iPhone 11 is running slower than expected and appears to be uploading to iCloud. We're happy to look into this with you.

If you haven't already, make sure that your iPhone hast the latest software version.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, restart your iPhone. Restarting is a simple step that can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

Restart your iPhone

Let us know the results. Does these issues occur when connected to cellular and Wi-Fi networks? Have you tried a different Wi-Fi network? Please include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2021 7:37 AM in response to Jenkomo

Hello Jenkomo,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's our understanding that the Messages app on your iPhone 11 is running slower than expected and appears to be uploading to iCloud. We're happy to look into this with you.

If you haven't already, make sure that your iPhone hast the latest software version.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, restart your iPhone. Restarting is a simple step that can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

Restart your iPhone

Let us know the results. Does these issues occur when connected to cellular and Wi-Fi networks? Have you tried a different Wi-Fi network? Please include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a great day!

my phone keeps saying uploading messages to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.