Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto Lıbraru / ohotos lıbrary

hello , I already migrated IPHOTO libray to PHOTOS , so may I delete IPHOTO library from my MAC, sınce it takes almost the same place as PHOTOS library.When I want to open IPHOTO lıbrary, ıt dırected me to Photos Library.I think no need to keep IPHOTO lıbrary.Could you please conform, or what you suggest.

thnks

emın

Posted on May 16, 2021 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 8:05 AM

Hey Emin1,

Thanks for posting your question about deleting your iPhoto library in Apple Support Communities.

To answer your question, yes you can delete the iPhotos library file on your without it affecting the Photos library that you have stored on the Mac. When you opened the iPhotos library in the Photos app it had converted it to the Photos library file. In order to delete the file you can drag it directly to the trash.

Best Wishes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2021 8:05 AM in response to emin1

Hey Emin1,

Thanks for posting your question about deleting your iPhoto library in Apple Support Communities.

To answer your question, yes you can delete the iPhotos library file on your without it affecting the Photos library that you have stored on the Mac. When you opened the iPhotos library in the Photos app it had converted it to the Photos library file. In order to delete the file you can drag it directly to the trash.

Best Wishes.

Iphoto Lıbraru / ohotos lıbrary

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.