Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam on frozen iPhone:

It looks like this problem has been going on for a couple years now and not getting fixed. In spite of the telephone number being blocked on my husband’s iPhone, it continues to happen! HOW does that even happen??? It is a pain in the neck - very annoying!

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on May 16, 2021 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 11:22 AM

Here is how to unfreeze the phone→If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won't turn on or has frozen – Apple Support

But Apple will NEVER call you. Stop answering calls from numbers you don’t know. If your Contacts have everyone who might call you listed go to Settings/Phone/Silence Unknown Callers and turn it on.

A phone number calling you cannot freeze your phone, even if you answer it. So there must be some other explanation or additional information you haven’t mentioned yet.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2021 11:22 AM in response to RosieD99

Here is how to unfreeze the phone→If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won't turn on or has frozen – Apple Support

But Apple will NEVER call you. Stop answering calls from numbers you don’t know. If your Contacts have everyone who might call you listed go to Settings/Phone/Silence Unknown Callers and turn it on.

A phone number calling you cannot freeze your phone, even if you answer it. So there must be some other explanation or additional information you haven’t mentioned yet.

May 16, 2021 10:46 AM in response to AKRBTN

My husband’s iPhone has been “hit” by a scam number, 805-344-5519 - which freezes the screen. He called it back, the first time, and the person identified themself as Apple support. Person had a strong accent. My husband hung up. He finally took his phone to a neighborhood repair, which unfroze it. He blocked the number through our cellphone service provider and has still been hit by this scammer four more times. It is a pain in the neck to deal with and service provider says they can’t help. Said, perhaps, Apple could. Yet, I see this scam has been around since 2019, which is disturbing. Any thoughts?

May 16, 2021 11:33 AM in response to RosieD99

With what’s been referenced here, there’s seemingly more going on that you or that we do not yet know about. Calling back a spammer is foolish, and that simply encourages more spam calls. Don’t. Phones don’t lock up on call receipt, absent problems possibly with the phone battery or other phone hardware, or absent a problem with an add-on blocking app if one of those is present here and remove it if so. Check the battery health, and replace the battery or replace the phone if the battery is failing. And mute all calls from all unknown numbers, as sagely suggested above. If it’s important k they’ll leave a message.

Scam on frozen iPhone:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.