Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use a different Apple ID for I music only

I created a separate Apple ID for my iPad can I use my Apple ID for my cell phone just for the music on my iPad. If so how do I change the Apple ID for the music without changing it for everything else?

iPad Mini 5, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 16, 2021 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 10:22 AM

Hi,

If you meant for Apple Music, you’ll need to change your Apple ID for Media and purchases.

As you pointed out the fact you don’t want it changes everything else, changing Apple ID for media and purchases changes Apple ID associated to App Store and iTunes Store, and all settings associated with purchases (payment method, billing address, purchases made…etc)

However, it doesn’t affect the Apple ID associated to your iPhone, so it doesn’t affect data, backups, iCloud, photos, find my..etc

If you still want to change Apple ID associated with media and purchases, so be able to get Apple Music subscription associated with another Apple ID on your iPhone, go to settings/Apple ID/media and purchases/sign out

If you meant by saying “music” songs added manually through iTunes that are on the Music app on your iPad/iPhone, you can do what I wrote above too or just re-upload songs on iTunes using the other Apple ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2021 10:22 AM in response to nat1001

Hi,

If you meant for Apple Music, you’ll need to change your Apple ID for Media and purchases.

As you pointed out the fact you don’t want it changes everything else, changing Apple ID for media and purchases changes Apple ID associated to App Store and iTunes Store, and all settings associated with purchases (payment method, billing address, purchases made…etc)

However, it doesn’t affect the Apple ID associated to your iPhone, so it doesn’t affect data, backups, iCloud, photos, find my..etc

If you still want to change Apple ID associated with media and purchases, so be able to get Apple Music subscription associated with another Apple ID on your iPhone, go to settings/Apple ID/media and purchases/sign out

If you meant by saying “music” songs added manually through iTunes that are on the Music app on your iPad/iPhone, you can do what I wrote above too or just re-upload songs on iTunes using the other Apple ID.

Can I use a different Apple ID for I music only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.