Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merging faces in photos

I have 4 different group of pictures with my faces and my exact same name but it sees them as separate names. If I try and change the name with the drop down it doesn't change them. How do I fix this? Thanks!

Mac mini, 11.3

Posted on May 16, 2021 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 10:37 AM

Hello Hatterdude,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have some questions regarding merging faces in photos. We would be happy to help!

Check out the following support article, which provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this behavior: Find and identify photos of people using Photos on Mac 

Try these steps: 

Click 'People' in Photos

Command click all the groups of faces you want to merge

Right rick and click 'Merge'

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2021 10:37 AM in response to Hatterdude

Hello Hatterdude,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have some questions regarding merging faces in photos. We would be happy to help!

Check out the following support article, which provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this behavior: Find and identify photos of people using Photos on Mac 

Try these steps: 

Click 'People' in Photos

Command click all the groups of faces you want to merge

Right rick and click 'Merge'

Cheers!

Merging faces in photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.